Keep Your Cash

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Identity Theft Victim

Be careful with your mail!!!!!!! I recently received a call from Citi Identity Theft Solutions questioning me on some "Suspicous activity" on my account. They asked me if I had my card and if I had made some purchases and balance transfers. I replied that I had my card but I had not made any balance transfers or big purchases. They immediately closed my account and send me an affidavitt to sign, notarize and return to them. It took them about three days to take it off my account and I received a new card within a week. The only explanation I could think of was that someone got a hold of the checks that they send me in the mail and used them to do a purchase of $1200 and a balance transfer of $1100. The weird thing was that the purchase was made near my zip code.

1 Comments:

  • Same here, been a victim too! My identity was stolen and that person made large purchases using my account. Now, Im being careful, trying to keep me from that unfortunate event again. Whew! I got a lot of information on dealing with it but here's an article I really find helpful. Until now, I keep doing what it says. You might want to take a look at it. It's an article on Identity Theft - When it Happens To You

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home