Keep Your Cash

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Citi Dividend Card Lowers dividend by 3%

I got the letter. I was hoping it was only rumors, but to my dismay I received the Citi Dividend Card letter about the reduction in dividends. They are decreasing the divedend to 2% for purchases in supemarkets, gas stations, and drugstores. They added a 2% dividend on utilities to compensate for the 3% drop in dividend. The change will take effect on October 13, 2006. I have not looked at other cards yet, but plan to apply for a different card thay pays out a dividend. Any suggestions? I have other cards with Thank You Points, but nothing beats the $50-60 check I get in the mail every 2 to 3 months.

2 Comments:

  • The recent changes to the cash back rewards of the Citi Dividend MasterCard prompted me to do some personal analysis to find the best mix of cash back cards for my spending patterns.

    That personal analysis inspired me to build a general-purpose tool to help anyone determine the single best card or mix of N cards that will maximize their cashback rewards. You just plug in how much you spend each month (broken out by categories for best results) and you're presented with a list of recommended cards sorted from best to worst by your expected annual reward. If having more than one card and using each card to its strengths could yield a greater total reward, then each combination of the Best N cards is presented as well.

    You can see the tool at http://www.creditcardtuneup.com/ .

    I'm certainly interested in any suggestions you might have to make it better.

    By Blogger Joel, at 8:40 PM  

  • BTW, the new name of the site is:

    Credit Card Tune-Up: Maximize Your Cash Back Rewards
    .

    By Blogger Joel, at 12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home