Keep Your Cash

Saturday, August 26, 2006

How much was your Raise? mine was only 5.7%

I finally got my raise today. It was 5.7% . I felt a little dissapointed as I thought it was going to be around 9-10%. The 5.7% percent just covers the higher cost of gas, health insurance and electricity. I bumped up my 401K to 9% from 8% and increased my biweekly contribution to my Roth by $10. I only saw a $60 increase in my take home pay after I make my extra contributions. The only thing to do is to pretend the raise never happened and put my whopping $60 into my Emigrant account. This will bump up my biweekly contributions to $200. I am planning on purchasing a home whithin the next 18 months so I plan to use this account for my downpayment? How much was your raise?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home