Keep Your Cash

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

What to do with $250

I recently opened a second ROTH IRA account with E-trade because of their great selection of no load, no transaction fee mutual funds. I came upon this little fund called the Hodges Fund(HDPMX). It only requires a min. of $250 to open and has a pretty good track record. I am going to keep investing in this fund until I can afford to buy one of the Bridgeway funds that require a $2000 min. investment. E-trade was the only place I could find that offers Bridgeway funds with no transaction cost. My other ROTH is with Fidelity, but their trade fees are too much for an small investor like me. They charge $19.99 per trade and charge transaction cost on most of the outside funds. The fees will go down once I pass the $50,000 mark. I am at $36,300 because my 401K is also in that account. I am hoping for a rally and more employer contributions.

1 Comments:

  • Hi, I'm a reporter with a newspaper, looking to speak to investors who own the Hodges fund. You mentioned it in your blog..would you be willing to talk to me for my story? Please email me at: supershef@gmail.com.
    Look forward to hearing from you at the soonest!
    S.A.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home