Keep Your Cash

Saturday, September 30, 2006

$50,000 in Retirement by age 30

My short term goal is to accumulate 50k by January 29 regardless of the market. I plan to get married in March or April of next year so I want to reach this milestone while I am still single. I have approx. 39,300 in my 401K and Roth accounts. I just increased my contributions to my 401k to 15% and am $750 away from maxing my ROTH. I know its a lofty goal but I think that if I sacrifice now I will not have to do it when I have a mortgage payment, a wife and a couple of kids. What's your short term goal?

1 Comments:

  • My short term goal is to have $75K in my 401K before my 35 B-Day. I am about 24K away, thus this should not be a problem. I am 32. Good Luck!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home