Keep Your Cash

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

401K Return : 4.8% YTD Emigrant Account:5.05%

How man yof you look at your 401K at least 3 times a week. I know I am in it for the long haul, and that short term fluctuations are not important but I am tempted to look at my progress. So far this year I am up only 4.8%. I am 100% in stock mutual funds. My combined ROI for the past two years is 32%. I have to say that my aggresiveness hurt me this year with my Fidelity Select Technology and Fidelity Select Natural Resources funds. Like my grandmother says, if you dont risk you will not win. I plan to keep my allocation until I have my first child(2 or 3 years).

3 Comments:

  • The web site for my 401(k) says I have a 8.4% return on my investment, but sometimes that number seems off - I am not sure how its calculated. How did you calculated you 2 yr ROI with active contributions to your 401(k)?

    By Blogger 2million, at 6:57 AM  

  • I just look it up on Fidelity. They do the ROI calculation for you. Mine also seems a bit off. I dont know if they take into account re-invested monies.

    By Blogger MIDAS, at 7:26 AM  

  • I dont look at my account very often. The majority of my allocation is in high dividend stocks and Income funds. I have averaged aboit 7-10% for the past 6 years.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home